Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Return to Seoul

We returned to Seoul to see Zeno and Nicole and to celebrate Shauna's birthday. We arrived after 1 a.m. Friday so we were unable to take the Subway and caught a cab with a University student with excellent English. He was extremely nice and helpful and helped book us a room at a hostel near Insadong. We stayed up until sunrise browsing the Dongdaemun Market.


Saturday Sandra and I explored Itaewon (A western area of Seoul near the military base) and enjoyed tacos. Aside from a taco restaurant and a bookstore that had English books, Itaewon isn't worth visiting. We stuck around Insadong for the remainder of the day and relaxed. We met up with the others for dinner in an outdoor BYOB place. We mostly ate Korean traditional foods and drank a lot of rice beer (Unfiltered white beer with no carbonation a Korean traditional drink served with a ladle). We went to an extremely busy club where I proceded to buy a 10,000 won tequilla for myself and Sandra. She accidently knocked my half full glass out of of my hand and on the shoes of a stranger. I of course apologized, but to no avail because he demanded that I retrieve a towel to wipe his feet off. I refused to wipe his feet and told him that my apology was more than sufficient. He asked me to step outside so I obliged him. We didn't fight, but he threatened to jump me with his friends if I didn't wipe his shoes. I didn't budge of course so he stormed away. I didn't see him for the rest of the night. The rest of the night went smoothly. It was great to celebrate Shauna's birthday and see Zeno and Nicole.

Zeno had to take a test at 9:00 a.m. and was supposed to pull an all nighter studying. It was 3am when I saw him last and he was of course wasted. I hope everything turned out well.



This woman just got up and sang. It was really great.





I used to play the first Tekken, I bought Tekken 3 the day it came out. They are on 6 now.

Nandaemun Market






Some of these pictures were stolen from Shauna Vo.



Busy Seoul

No comments: